Raspberry Pi 3 Model B : Installing an operating system

Finally, I'm able to get a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B and I'm very eager to use it for my next projects. Before implementing any project on the device, I needed to install an operating system. Raspberry Pi is just like a desktop, but smaller in size :-
To install an operating system,  I use :-
- 5V 2.1A power supply
- micro B USB (to connect from power suppy to Raspberry Pi)
- micro SD card class 6 (minimum is 8Gb).
- HDMI cable
- a monitor
- keyboard
- mouse
- a network cable to connect to router (It's optional. Needed to update operating system)
The instruction to install the operating system can be found here :-
https://www.raspberrypi.org/learning/quick-start-guide/quickstart/

My first attempt to install Raspbian was a failure. It froze when it reached 98% of completion. Second attempt was successful.

Comments